jeudi 26 février 2009

some weird stuff and quilts in progress

Let me start by showing you a utility quilttop: the fabric is from Dutch German and Kelsch ( Elsass) , all bedlinens. Tonya has some leftovers, and i wonder what she's going to do with it. I'm trying to find a way to show you big quilts in a nice way, but the appartment is soooooo small, that the only way to picture them entirely is going outside. I don't want to spend much time on this quilt, tying or machine quilting will do it.


I've started this sawtooth quilt yesterday: the blue fabric is from Hungary, the red from Germany.
Both are very sturdy, so tying will be the only option.



This is one of my weird finds: a sleeveles vest, embroidered with pearls. Very heavy, bold colors, no info about the origin, but it's very precious, the fabric is black velvet.
Anyone there who has an idea where this was made? What a job to make such a thing! I'm sure my DS will love this too!














Cloth hangers in a wire: it's in a small alley i pass by often. The wire is to keep doves away from the windows, wonder who had this silly idea!






Place des Abbesses in the heart of Montmartre!
The girls from the Wallace fountain dressed up with knitty stuff!
Well done an so trendy, hope this will stay for a while, the wheather is still dull and it makes a smile on many faces.



CRISSINE left a comment on my blog,she should start a blog too, you have such wonderful work to share with us Christine! Come back often and let's have lunch soon............











5 commentaires:

Clare a dit…

I've seen fountains in Périgueux where they've done the same. Always makes me laugh.

How's your finger?

Colette a dit…

Ce n'est pas aujourd'hui que tu te fais opérer ?
Je pense à toi.

Tonya Ricucci a dit…

ooh wonderful plaid quilt top - love it. I still haven't been brave enough to cut into these gorgeous fabrics. and the new block is really fun too. Fun fountain girls.

crissine a dit…

je ne te connaissais pas ces talents de reporter photographe! Tu sais, c'est vraiment un plaisir pour moi d'aller te visiter et faire un petit bout de chemin textile sur tes très nombreux quilts! Et si en plus tu me fais visiter ton cher quartier...
Te ferais tu opérer de quelque chose d'embétant?

martine a dit…

Wat ziet je ruitjesquilt er gezellig uit.
En die hangertjes, een geweldige vinding.