vendredi 6 février 2009







Some pics of my doll quilt collection: i'm always astonished to see the result of just a few scraps and a little imagination. Less than a few hours is enough to make something lovely. I have no feeling for wall hangings, it's either a bedquilt or a doll bed quilt that attracts me.
The wallnut cradle was made by a DH childhood friend, Blagoja Djaikovic from Skopje, Macedonia. I brought him a photocopie from an antic cradle, and he knew exactly what i wanted.
Concerning my finger: no news! The doctor said that surgery might cause damage, and he hopes the needle will come out by itself! A new x-ray next week...........
I worked the last days with tangles: sooooooooo boring! But how quick and accurate! I made some homemade yelly rolls not long ago, and i used them to make the 2 triangle squares
Bright and sunny in Paris, but a new storm should be at hand.............Happy quilting my new friends, and let me tell you once more how much i appreciate you passing by and your comments!



10 commentaires:

Karen - Quilts...etc. a dit…

love your quilts.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Colette a dit…

j'adore !!! et le berceau...quelle merveille !

Karen a dit…

Love the doll quilt collection. I think I would like to make some mini's. :)

not so zen -quilts in Paris a dit…

bienvenue Colette, tu est à
Mazirat?

Clare a dit…

I didn't realise a bit of the needle had been left in! Ouch. Have you tried soaking the finger in warm water and then gently squeezing?

Beautiful doll quilts. They are very "Gwenish".

Mary Stanley a dit…

Ohh! I am in love with your blog and photos! Almost too much to take in!
Great colors and I love the teddy bears and the vintage piece...
Thanks for sharing all the quilty goodness with us!
mary

Colette a dit…

coucou will ! oui, je suis à Mazirat! C'est bien moi...bravo, continue, j'adore.

Tonya Ricucci a dit…

I missed something. You've got part of a sewing machine needle stuck in your finger? Owwww ow ow. Which one? How are you still able to get any handwork done? Cute doll quilts!

martine a dit…

Wat lief, de kleine quiltjes.
Heerlijk om alle kleine restjes te gebruiken.
Eng verhaal, die naald in je vinger.Kun je nu wel handwerken?
Martine

Lynn E a dit…

You are a lady after my own heart I love doll quilts and teddy bears and doll furniture. I have no space for all my interests I have to make do by enjoying others.
Owww on the finger have sewn my finger myself I know how much it hurts coming out, but to still have a piece of it in. OW OW OW.