dimanche 30 août 2009

Back home after spending 4 weeks in the Cotentin, St. Martin de Bréhal and Granville.
As every year, we took Elisa with us, and we were so amazed to see how much energy a seven-year old girl can have and how important ephemere friendships can be!
Wheather was merely nice, with only one rainy day, a few rainspots every now and then, but lots of sun, it's Normandy after all..........





The second picture was taken on the day with the highest tide of the summer season, people came in crowds on the beach for mussels, oysters and other seafood,and local newspapers gave hints for them, asking to respect a minimum size and take a reasonable amount, just as much as you want to really eat and not more.

















Elisa made some gray compositions with stones found on the beach.










Huge progress on the baskets made this summer and i really don't regret my decision made on the handles.
The red rick rack is cute on all the blocks.
I'm close to the final amount, maybe twenty something more to make.
My dear quilting friends helped to make the blocks, but i appliquéd the handles all by myself.























I also took the hexagons with me and made about a hundred during the vacation.
After the loss of the first center it took some time to start again.
My favorite season is coming, i'm longing for autumn days and evenings even more, ideas enough for more quilts.
I'm following your blogs with a lot of attention and appriciate your reactions and support.
Welcome to my new followers, happy quilting and i'll be back soon!
Will in Paris.










































































12 commentaires:

Karen a dit…

I do agree that the red rickrack was a good choice for the basket handles. I love basket blocks for quilts. You have quite a variety of fabrics in yours and I love it!

AdyQuilts a dit…

I'm glad you're back and the holiday was fun - I missed reading you. The baskets are lovely!
Ady

Karen from Sew Many Ways... a dit…

This quilt is going to just beautiful. I absolutely love all your fabrics. The baskets are perfect and the hexagons are my favorite. I actually have a tutorial on sewing hexagons on my blog. Can't wait to see this quilt finished.
~Karen~

Librarynan a dit…

This is the first time I read our blog, Will. Your pictures are wonderful, and your quilting very inventive... I, too, think the red handles on the tiny baskets draw all of them together nicely. Cheers.

Karen a dit…

Both the baskets and hexagons are lovely. The rickrack was a great idea for the handles.

Rose Marie a dit…

Love the idea for rick rack handles .... very different. Your hexagons are coming along nicely and they are always a great take-along project.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe a dit…

Moh my lord is that an amazing piece of work!!! I need your help on a special project,could you email me and I will explain.

martine a dit…

Leuke hengseltjes heb je aan je mandjes.

Jenny M a dit…

I have been following your blog for 2 or so months. I just had to comment on your baskets..I have fallen in love with all those baskets, love the colours. Can I ask is it a pattern?
Also I have been going thru your old posts to find out what had happened to the middle of your hexagon quilt, so sorry that it was lost, you must have been very annoyed. I have so enjoyed going thru your old posts and love all the photos. from Jenny (Australia)

Willy a dit…

Hoi Will welkom terug op je web-log. Heerlijke vakantiefoto's laat je zien. Wat hadden jullie fijn gezelschap mee.
Het is hier nu prachtig herfstweer zonnig en een vleugje frissewind.
Groetjes

Diana a dit…

I love those hexagons. The variety of fabric you are using looks really good.

susis quilts a dit…

hello,very nice baskets and hexagons,congretulations,susi